The Scientist

I was just guessing at numbers and figures, Pulling your puzzles apart, Questions of science, science and progress, Do not speak as loud as my heart. -Coldplay

Sunday, July 06, 2008

The big climb

It's time to go back a few days to the first morning at the Neil Colgan hut, when Joelle, Ian and Garrett scrambled up Mount Bowlen. I tracked them from below using Garrett's super lens.Here they are at the start of the climb. They are the darkish specks in the middle of the photo.Here they are, zoomed in.They started to climb around the rock face to reach the access point.Next, they started moving up on the rock, climbing amongst the boulders.You can see Joelle in pink, with Ian above her in blue:Garrett took the lead and headed up in front (black speck in middle of photo):These photos are in full zoom, so they were pretty far away from me. Despite that, I was able to hear them talking to each other for most of their climb.
Here's one that Garrett took with my little camera, looking down at Ian and Joelle.
Here is the mountaintop zoomed out. You can barely see the specks that they are.Zoomed in - they're in the snow!And now they're at the top!Here are some of the views from the top - Valley of Ten Peaks (I think):Mount Temple:That glacier I showed you before, on the right side of the hut:Morraine Lake, past Lake Louise.Looking back at the mountains:Looking down to the hut, way down there as a tiny dot:The top of Mount Bowlen:Ian and Joelle at the top:The kids at the top:Ian and Joelle, on their way down:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home