The Scientist

I was just guessing at numbers and figures, Pulling your puzzles apart, Questions of science, science and progress, Do not speak as loud as my heart. -Coldplay

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Capital Ex - when butterflies attack

I went to Capital Ex with Bonnie and Sean when it was here a few weeks ago. Capital Ex is the fair exhibition that arrives in town once a year. We did some fun stuff, like eat mini donuts and play some midway games (see below), but we also went to the butterfly tent. After paying $3 to enter the butterfly tent, we walked into a world of wonder! No, for real! It was awesome!

Look here: Yup, that's a butterfly on my arm. A big guy butterfly! He landed on my arm after I was in the tent for, oh, 4 seconds. He liked me.

Here's another little (big) guy. Bonnie likes him:I was giving off some sort of butterfly pheremone in there, because shortly I had lots of butterflies landing on me! Three on my pants:Here's a close up of the guys on my pants:Another guy on my arm:There were only two types of butterflies that liked to land on people, but I tried to capture some of the other, less friendly types by photo:The butterflies liked Bonnie and Sean a little less than I, but they did land on them eventually too:
There were butterflies all over the walls and whatnot:And there was a butterfly 'birthing' area too:Ew...

After the butterfly tent, we headed out to the midway, where Bonnie and I played Whac-a-mole (you can't really see me, but I'm behind Bonnie in a purple shirt):Next, Sean tried to win Bonnie a stuffed moose by throwing a ball into the wooden moose's mouth.Good job, Sean!Bonnie loved her moose:We also stopped to see a bunch of cages with large reptiles, which I thought was pretty cool. I have no idea what kind of snakes these are, but I think some were pythons and some were anacondas.This lady loves her job:I got to touch that snake. It felt cool.Lastly, Bonnie pretended to be a dragon by the dragon sculpture, before we headed over to the Ed Fest tent to catch a Canadian comedic act.We watched Brent Butt (from Corner Gas) give a comedic show, and he was actually really funny, so it was a good end to a nice evening at Capital Ex.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home