The Scientist

I was just guessing at numbers and figures, Pulling your puzzles apart, Questions of science, science and progress, Do not speak as loud as my heart. -Coldplay

Friday, August 08, 2008

Cow showers - you saw it first here, folks!

As a scientist, it's exciting to get your research published in a peer-reviewed journal. However, the general public do not generally have access to, or understanding of, such articles, so it's nice when the media takes an interest and passes on the information to a wider audience. Such is the case with my sister's research down at the University of California, Davis, where she works for Cassandra Tucker and performs research on dairy cows. Their most recent study, and the one that is hitting the news, is about using showers to cool cows down in the hot California sun. Cooler cows can mean more milk production. Here is the link to an article about it. You many recall from my trip to Davis that I photographed the showering cow first. I guess I just knew something big was coming from it!

Addition:
Link to the article on abc local news.
Link to the article on SacBee.

2 Comments:

At 12:48 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats to Amanda!

Did you see the comments at the end of the article though? People seem less concerned for the cows and more concerned about the water...

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Kim said...

I didn't notice the comments at all! I'll go check them out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home